Sunday, June 10, 2012

Butt-Ugly Fabric Stash?? A New Challenge..

Make a silk Purse From a Cow's Ear:Ida Reiter~ UPDATE: Ive now put together my first "Butt-Ugly" challenge, Pictured is fabric from the 1970's, paired with a old pattern from the 1990's, while the print doesn't photograph too heinously, the texture definitely is!! Ewww..70's knit!!:P... If you'd like to play along..continue reading below! ******************************************************************************************** Butt-ugly fabrics..we all have them (don't we?? or am I the only one?):D How did we acquire it, and WHY do we keep it? Perhaps it was given to us by someone who also hated it, and knowing we sewed, "gifted" us with it?? But then, why hang onto it? I don't have an answer for that one! As for myself, I'm tired of that lump in the back. It mocks me, and rears it's ugly head(or butt?? I can't tell which) every time I open the door! My solution is to make a Butt-Ugly stash-busting game of it!! :) My challenge to myself, (any you-all are my witnesses to keep me accountable) :) During down-time,(you know, the lag-time while you're waiting for the Good-Stuff to arrive?) make something from the "Hideous-Stack". No notion-shopping either, just using what I have. If nothing else, these will be work-practice pieces to hone my sewing skills. and who knows?? A pleasant surprise may come of it. Anyone else want to play? Give a shout! I'd love the company. :)

2 comments:

primcreek said...

What amazes me is that when I am gifted with fabric, even though it is the most hideous stuff I have ever laid eyes on, I cannot bring myself to toss it or get rid of it in any way. What is up with that? Can you say addiction? LOL!

Kristine said...

haa..ha!! Terri, that's me!! You soo understand my situation. so, are you in?? doesn't matter what you make, the point is whittling that ugly crap away, without the guilt-factor .lol.:)
hugz,
Kristine~