Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Do love a Handmade Christmas!


"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more."-the Grinch

I do love a handmade Christmas! sometimes its really hard to come up with a handmade gift idea for someone you love,..someone you WANT to take the extra time and care for.., so I would like give my thanks to everyone who posts a tutorial or shares an idea, whether it be digital, online or in-print. even though the ideas are shared to the masses, every creator puts a piece of themselves in their own creation. that said, I'm sharing my latest hand-mand Christmas Gift for giving..Its a art-form called Scherenschnitte or Paper-cutting. Plus it's something you can do that's nearly FREE and make lovely gifts for gift-giving. This was my first attempt at Scherenschnitte. This one is for my parents, and made me think of the song "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". I cut my chosen design from paper I printed with sheet music of the song, and mounted it onto Christmas paper and board. The design is freely offered by the very talented and generous Cindy Ferguson
She has several beginner designs to choose from on her blog. Go check her out! her work is amazing. I am in awe of anyone who has mastered this art-form. Mine pales in comparison to hers..I'm wondering...How on Earth do they get such smooth cutting-lines in the tiniest of spaces??? You can bet I'll be giving this another try.
till next time!!

No comments: