Friday, April 6, 2012

A New Project...The Oooh La-La Sew-Along


Hosted By A Few Loose Threads.
Here's a pic of The Patterns we'll be using:


I love this BLOG I have been wanting to join-in on the fun of this sew-along for awhile now, I have enjoyed watching Anna's progress, and the progress of other participants, and I finally had a day-off and got my chance! I'm beginning with the Vintage French Bra Pattern, but you can start where you like..Anna has posted great photos to help you follow along..
I started with a ivory, lightweight satin..too flimsy in my estimation, so I added interfacing to all the outside pieces..I may add interfacing to the both back-band pieces, I just hadn't decided as I'm not that far-along yet. I did try out the instructions she posted on adding a lace over-lay..Sooo Easy!! Here is where I left-off for now..I'm going to try a delicate wisteria hand-embroidery design over the lace, so it will be a while longer before I'm done. This pattern is really alot easier and fun than I expected. If you would like to try it, Anna has the links to her etsy, and Artfire on her blog..Do give this a try!! Only 3 Easy Pieces!! I can see so many variations using this pattern.

No comments: